Belden understands that, in order to effectively operate vehicles safely and efficiently on todays congested road network, the following challenges have to be addressed:
- Provision of on board internet access and entertainment to meet the increasing demands of passengers and better compete against other modes of transport.
- Camera surveillance systems (very often HD), reducing the reaction time of monitoring staff and increasing passenger and driver safety.
- Video surveillance in vehicles and the streaming of video from vehicles back to central control centers; either real time, on demand (during an incident), or at the end of a journey.
- Demand for real time journey information through Passenger Information Systems, on board the vehicles, at stops and delivered to passengers via smart phone applications.
- Management of fuel costs and vehicle fleets through location systems and driver advisory applications.
- All of these trends result in increased bandwidth requirements for onboard systems, a demand which Belden is able to help you meet with innovative future-proof network systems